An alternative to beef burgers. Mackerel is extremely nutritious and good for you.
Add bacon or cheese slices or anything you would add to a beef burger.
Please do tell us if you make this recipe. And give it a rating - one to five hearts!
1) In a bowl, mix together bell peppers, Parmesan, parsley, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well. If you don't have Parmesan use any hard cheese)
2) Add eggs, bread crumbs and mackerel.
3) Shape into 4 equal patties.
4) Heat oil in a skillet then pan fry the patties. Fry on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
5) Drain on paper towels.
To serve and optional……..
6) Fill each burger with lettuce, tomato, 2 slices bacon, mackerel patty and red onion.
7) Top with optional condiments and serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, please share it on Social Media, email it to someone or print it out.
1 (15 oz) can of Mackrell fillets
1 cup diced bell peppers
2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 hamburger buns
4 leaves lettuce, washed and pat dry
4 slices tomatoes
8 slices cooked bacon
4 slices red onion
mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce
Adapted from: Chicken of the Sea
Suggested by Reeva Segal