The spices and beans can all be sourced from Alston Wholefood Shop, where they will give you as small or as large amount as you want.
Absolutely delicious and so much better than canned baked beans!! Plus you have the satisfaction of knowing you have made it yourself.
Please do tell us if you make this recipe. And give it a rating - one to five hearts!
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Drain and rinse the soaked navy beans.
3) In a large pot, add the haricot beans, onion, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, tomato paste, mustard powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and 4 cups of water or vegetable broth.
4) Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5) Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beans are tender.
6) Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes to brown the top.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also cook this recipe in a slow cooker on low heat for 8-10 hours, or on high heat for 4-5 hours.
If you like this recipe, please share it on Social Media, email it to someone or print it out.
2 cups haricot beans, soaked overnight
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups water or vegetable broth