Enjoy this warming coconut and corn curry for an easy meat-free meal for two. Full of warming spices, it's a quick and comforting vegan dinner
The spices and lentils can all be sourced from Alston Wholefood Shop, where they will give you as small or as large amount as you want. They are pennies to buy.
Please do tell us if you make this recipe. And give it a rating - one to five hearts!
1) Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse until the water runs clean.
2) Put the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, tip in the onion and cook for 8 mins until softened.
3) Add the ginger, turmeric and curry powder, and cook for another minute until fragrant.
4) Stir in the lentils.
5) Tip in 400ml hot water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 mins until most of the water has been absorbed.
6) Add the corn and 100ml water, cover and continue to simmer for 5-10 mins until the lentils are soft and the corn still has a little bite.
7) Stir in the coconut yogurt to warm up, but don’t let it boil.
8) Serve topped with more coconut yogurt, if you like, and coriander leaves sprinkled over.
If you like this recipe, please share it on Social Media, email it to someone or print it out.
150g red lentils
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely sliced
thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp curry powder (check it’s gluten free if needed)
250g baby corn, halved diagonally or a tin of corn
110g coconut yogurt, plus extra to serve
½ small bunch of coriander, leaves picked
From: BBC Good Food